Products and Solutions
Employment Inquiries: Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I teach in a classroom?
- All of Eleutian’s classes are taught online with video.
- Where do you hire?
- Currently, we are hiring in Wyoming, South Dakota, and Utah only.
- What are my typical working hours?
- The majority of Eleutian’s working hours are between 10:00 pm to 1:00 pm seven days a week. This may change over time, but as the majority of our clientele are in Europe and Asia, we are on their hours.
- Is weekend work required?
- No, it is not required, but sessions are available.
- Will I have a regular teaching schedule?
- Yes. The most important thing to remember – YOU pick your schedule! Some sample options are listed briefly below. Eleutian operates with teaching “projects”. You show interest in the projects that you like and that fit in your schedule. When you are selected for a project, you will be committed to that shift. You can also stack shifts. Projects can run for a month, three months, or even a year – it depends on the Project. Here is an example of what a teaching schedule could look like:
- What is the pay?
- Pay is $11 to $25 an hour depending on the project and experience.
- Is a teaching certificate required?
- No. However, a sub certificate is required at minimum. If you do not possess one, Eleutian Technology offers an online teaching certificate.
- Can I be a full‐time employee?
- All of Eleutian’s teachers are considered part time and there are not any full positions currently available.
- Am I paid for training?
- Training pay is looped into the pay for a project; training itself is not paid for separately.
- Do you provide retirement options?
- At this time, Eleutian does not provide retirement plans.
- Do I have to make my own lesson plans?
- No, Eleutian provides lesson plans. You may be required to do supplementary preparation.
- I heard that you can teach from your home. Is that true?
- Yes! Eleutian has a direct work at home model where most of our teachers start working from home immediately! See requirements below. Or you can choose to work from our Cody, Wyoming teaching center.
- The following are required to teach from home:
- A controlled work area that is quiet and distraction free
- Wrinkle free blue banner background
- Proper lighting that is shadow free
- Low Profile noise canceling Headset with adequate sound quality
- There are a wide range of headsets available. Choose a headset with a noise canceling microphone that is low profile, comfortable, light weight, and has good sound quality. Wireless headsets are not allowed. Example: Jabra UC VOICE 550 Mono Corded Headset
- Webcam: Eleutian requires HD web camera which can be provided.
- Wired/Ethernet connection (not wireless). Wireless connections are often unstable and allow for fluctuation of speeds. Wireless connections are NOT allowed. Must have a modem/router and the ability to reset in case of issues.
- Bandwidth (computer speeds for uploading and downloading): Minimum speeds of 2 Mbps upload and 2 Mbps download are required.
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net and select a server in Seattle, WA. You must take a screen shot of your results for our inspection.
- Example results: Ping 25 ms Download Speed: 16.3 Mbps Upload Speed: 5.2 Mbps
- Computer Specs:
- Processor must be 2.0 GHz (dual core), 2.8 GHz (single core), or better
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB or more
- Allowed Operating Systems
- PC: Windows 7 - 10
- Mac: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or newer
- Instructions to find your Processor Speed, Memory, and Operating System:
- Windows 10: Right click on the Start Button , select System
- Windows 8: Right click on the Start Button , select System
- Windows 7: Click on the Start Button , select Computer, select System Properties
- Windows Vista: Click the Start Button , select Control Panel, select System and Maintenance, select System
- Mac: click on the Apple , select About this Mac
- Skype: Ensure you are on latest version of Skype
- Browser Requirements
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Flash 11+
- Virus protection
TeachCast Headway: March 1 – June 30
Sunday 2:00 am – 6:00 am
Monday 2:00 am – 6:00 am
Tuesday 2:00 am – 6:00 am
If you are interviewed and invited to training, you will receive much more detailed information.